zaterdag 17 november 2012

Thin hair

I've been browsing around the internet and found out that I'm not the only one that is having trouble with her hair, modeling and what products to use, seem to be familiar questions other girls have as well.

I found out that my hair is defined as "fine hair", to be clear about that, "normal hair" has a diameter of 0,04 mm and "fine hair" has a diameter of 0,02 mm.
No idea if you can measure it with some tool, but you can recognize thin hair as well by the following 2 things:

* little volume
* easily greasy

The best way to take care of thin hair is to wash it every day, there are a lot of shampoos that are especially made for that, so you don't damage your hair.

The key thing you have to do when you have this type of hair is to get some volume into it.
You can do this by hairstyle (keep it short, a bob or a page heading are perfect).
Other tricks are:

* blow-dry your hair upside down, hanging your head at knee hight that is (not hanging on the ceiling or something)

* find products that boost your volume (like a shampoo from John Frieda called "Luxurious volume")

* ask your hairdresser to create a few highlights in your hair, it gives the illusion of thicker hair


       
I have it, tried it and loved it (you can find a blog about it on this page, somewhere) but if you don't like scrolling around, I'll give a short recap:

When you use it you can feel your hair getting bigger under your fingertips, so it immediately works.
You don't have to wait for weeks before you see any result (after drying it even my husband saw the difference).
With me, the only downside was that my heads skin is very sensitive and couldn't tolerate it, leaving me with an itchy head.

Another problem I usually have with my hair is that it doesn't stay in place, by noon it falls flat and loses all model, shape and volume.
A solution to that can be to use a special hairspray for thin hair, it makes your hairdo "looser" and resistant to wind gusts.

Another hair problem that is very common are split ends.
The horros of saving for long hair and having the hairdresser telling me that I had split ends when I was younger is still on my mind... I lost 10 centimeters of hair that day, it was a sad day...

What to do when you have them and want to save them:

* the best remedy is to cut them off... I know your pain but the sooner you do it the less extra damage you will get, and the sooner new hair can grow.

* if you're not up for cutting or you can't afford it right away there are some products that you can use to "patch" your ends back together but it disappears again once you wash your hair.
The key ingredient to these products are silicones, they make your hair smooth and soft.

It is proven that silicons are bad for your hair so please be careful and don't use them too long (also check your shampoo bottles) but I'll post an extra blog subject on that later.







Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten